Skip to main content

#MothersDay - "Motherhood - As I see it" - By Shweta

Going by the dictionary definition, it can be defined as "The state of being a mother" or "The qualities or spirit of a mother". But am sure all mommies in the world would agree that it is this and a whole lot more. Motherhood is the feeling of experiencing your heart beating outside of your body, is about teaching life's lessons and in the process learning virtues of patience, perseverance and selflessness. Motherhood is a promise to the life I created that I will be there to take care of you, to love you beyond measure, to laugh with you when you are happy and to cry with you when you are hurt. It's about the eternal joy that we experience when our little one does something new. It's also about that excruciating pain we feel when leaving our little baby at home for the first time when going back to office.



Motherhood is about change in perception and priorities, about looking at world through the eyes of a little baby. That first smile, the first step he took, the first song he danced on, the way he tasted apple for the first time, that first tooth, his first words, all those firsts and everything else that followed is nothing but magic.

Last year when I switched to a different organization, on the day of induction to a group of 40-50 people, we were asked to draw an image of where/how do we see ourselves five years from now with the organization? In fraction of a second, I knew my answer and I drew a star as I wanted to see myself as a pole star to which people can look up to for direction and that stands apart from among millions of stars. Also, because twinkle star is my son's favorite character from the stories we cook up together and I want him to be proud of me, his mother. He is my motivation to work better and push myself outside of my comfort zone to discover a new facet about me. Motherhood becomes a constant in all we think after becoming mothers. After watching Udta Punjab one evening, I could not sleep whole night for the fear of that unknown big bad world out there and how I could save my little baby from such vices? I held his hand, hugged him tight and wept myself to sleep.




Motherhood is also about appreciation for our parents and spouse. My parents did so much for me without expecting anything in return. It is totally because of them that I am where I am today. I now see them in a totally different light, being a mother myself. I wish I can be half as good as they were to me. Accurately proportionate about love, anger, guidance and endless support. My better half, who gladly took the backseat while I went on my "Being Mommy" trip. He accepted and modified his expectations according to the changing dynamics of our life. This definitely kept us afloat, as we sailed together in the sea of life with turbulence brought in by parenthood :-)

Motherhood is life that comes around in full circle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

पत्नियों के लिए भी एक व्रत का प्रस्ताव..

अरे याद है ना.. हर साल की तरह वो प्यार का त्यौहार फिर से आ गया.. अच्छा तो आप कंफ्यूज हो गई कि ये वैलेंटाइन डे तो कब का जा चुका अब किस प्यार के त्यौहार कि बात करने लगी मैं.. बताती हूँ बताती हूँ.. अपनी हिन्दू सभ्यता में भी एक प्यार का त्यौहार होता है "करवा चौथ.."अहा, क्या उत्सव है प्रेम का. पहले प्रेम मिश्रित सेवा फिर सेवा के बदले प्रेम मिश्रित उपहार. वाह..

बाजार पट गए है डिज़ाइनर चमकदार छलनी से लेकर गोटे लगी थालियों से और होने भी चाहिए. आखिर इस कदर महान संस्कृति जिसमें पति को देवता मान कर, उनके लिए दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर पत्नियां व्रत करती हैं, उनकी उम्र बढ़ाने जैसा ईश्वरीय कार्य करती हैं, उस दैवीय व्रत का इतना उत्सव तो होना ही चाहिए. और याद रहे चरणस्पर्श करना एकदम जरूरी है व्रत के नियमो के हिसाब से नहीं तो पति की उम्र से छेड़ छाड़ हो सकती है. समझ नहीं आता इतना ज्ञान आया कहा से हमारे पूर्वजो में जिससे ये पता चला कि अगर पत्नी दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर चाँद की पूजा करे तो पति की उम्र साल दर साल बढ़ती जाती है? वैसे धन्य है भारतीय महिलाये. पति चाहे शराबी, जुवारी कबाबी कैसा भी हो, पतियों…

#MoreIndianThanYouThink Being an Indian Mother is Success for me

This world is a beautiful place. It’s really amazing how different countries with their unique cultures exist in harmony here. I know, there are some exceptions; however, I think that is almost negligible when I see the culmination of values and beliefs in our universe. Everyone is exclusive and different, yet all of us make this planet livable. As a mature person who got the chance to understand the ethos of a few other continents, I can proudly say that our country holds a different space in this world, a culture that is known for its strong family system and core values. Feeling proud about our mother land is no unique. But being an Indian, I have gained so much at my professional front.


Yes, I am a working mother of a 3-year-old boy. I have close to 9 years of experience in software industry and I am looking forward to work for more and more years. Being a mother and being a professional person bring two different kinds of challenges in life. And when you work for a demanding clien…

#MothersDay - A blog by Divya, ANAYA's Mother

A mother becomes a mother the day she gets to know about the little embryo inside her womb.
It all started one fine day when I did my pregnancy test and it resulted positive. Life changed from the very moment. I was excited but a bit nervous too. I and my husband were working in two different cities that time. So the excited supermom in me felt extra responsible to take care of the baby. I started spending my days managing home, office, long travel, shopping, exercise, reading and any and every thing which could be added to the list. My baby kept me motivated and never let me feel alone. At times when I felt low she kicked me as if she was saying ‘Don’t worry mom. You rock! :) However, by end of sixth month I felt exhausted and I decided to move to my mother’s place for delivery and give some time to my husband to settle down with his work life.



After seven hectic years of work life I was enjoying a peaceful time. Days were spent in all sorts of preparations to welcome the child. But…