Skip to main content

My boy is growing up so fast..

When I faced my family members after delivering my boy, the first thing I heard was “Beta maa pr gaya hai..” It was always being told by many of my known ones that little boys love their mumas so much.  This made me think about a parenting quote “There’s nothing like the bond between a mother and son.” Although the idea that boys love their mothers differently than girls is both silly and a little gender discriminating, but l accepted it as being a lucky woman who gave birth to a healthy baby. And the baby is by chance a boy. I have no brother and because of that, I was really unaware of how it feels to see a boy growing in front of you. I only remember how my younger sister grew with me. May be that is the reason I am blessed with a boy so that I could understand what is the depth of relation between a mother and a son, a father and a son and a boy and his siblings.

Amazingly after my boy joined the daycare (in my office), we have come so close to each other. This might be confusing why after he joins an outside facility? Earlier, for the whole day, my mother in law used to look after him and I was near to him only after my office hours.  That time also had divisions in terms of my household chores and other stuff.  We, mother and son, didn’t get much time to make our bond muscular. However, this arrangement worked like this for almost 1 and half years. After he joined the day care (in April this year), now we spend a good portion of the day together. Thus last six months were wildly affectionate. His love for me has taken a real high jump. He kissed me every single day since then. His kisses were so sloppy and many that I felt rich. He was always so happy to see me as I went to pick him up in the evening from his day care. He liked to hold my face in his hands and give me a kiss on the lips, cheeks and the tip of my nose. 


However, that abruptly stopped a month ago. My son doesn’t kiss me anymore. He is not angry with me, but he is noticeably less cuddly. When I ask for a kiss after coming out of his daycare, he just puts his cheeks on mine, more like how celebrities hug and kiss each other cordially. I tried many times to make him remember how he used to give me THAT kiss. But he refrains. And I respect that, he just doesn't like to do it that way. Now instead of coming in my arms, he prefers rushing outside.

I feel my 2ish-year-old son’s independent streak has emerged now. He wants control over things which are related to him. He wants to eat by own, wear clothes by own, walk by own and struggle by own.  These may be the signs that he is growing up. And boys grow like this only. I have only seen how daughters keep on sticking to their mother’s tummy since long. I only remember how girls want to be sweet and overly affectionate to their fathers. But with raising a boy, I have learned that nothing is permanent in parenthood. Teething is over. Sleeping troubles have gone. And now kisses have disappeared. Perhaps I should be ready for more such things in future which will be less lovey dovey like a kiss or a tight hug. My boy is budding so fast. Still, I am for sure certain about one thing that “There’s nothing like the bond between a mother and son.”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

पत्नियों के लिए भी एक व्रत का प्रस्ताव..

अरे याद है ना.. हर साल की तरह वो प्यार का त्यौहार फिर से आ गया.. अच्छा तो आप कंफ्यूज हो गई कि ये वैलेंटाइन डे तो कब का जा चुका अब किस प्यार के त्यौहार कि बात करने लगी मैं.. बताती हूँ बताती हूँ.. अपनी हिन्दू सभ्यता में भी एक प्यार का त्यौहार होता है "करवा चौथ.."अहा, क्या उत्सव है प्रेम का. पहले प्रेम मिश्रित सेवा फिर सेवा के बदले प्रेम मिश्रित उपहार. वाह..

बाजार पट गए है डिज़ाइनर चमकदार छलनी से लेकर गोटे लगी थालियों से और होने भी चाहिए. आखिर इस कदर महान संस्कृति जिसमें पति को देवता मान कर, उनके लिए दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर पत्नियां व्रत करती हैं, उनकी उम्र बढ़ाने जैसा ईश्वरीय कार्य करती हैं, उस दैवीय व्रत का इतना उत्सव तो होना ही चाहिए. और याद रहे चरणस्पर्श करना एकदम जरूरी है व्रत के नियमो के हिसाब से नहीं तो पति की उम्र से छेड़ छाड़ हो सकती है. समझ नहीं आता इतना ज्ञान आया कहा से हमारे पूर्वजो में जिससे ये पता चला कि अगर पत्नी दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर चाँद की पूजा करे तो पति की उम्र साल दर साल बढ़ती जाती है? वैसे धन्य है भारतीय महिलाये. पति चाहे शराबी, जुवारी कबाबी कैसा भी हो, पतियों…

#MoreIndianThanYouThink Being an Indian Mother is Success for me

This world is a beautiful place. It’s really amazing how different countries with their unique cultures exist in harmony here. I know, there are some exceptions; however, I think that is almost negligible when I see the culmination of values and beliefs in our universe. Everyone is exclusive and different, yet all of us make this planet livable. As a mature person who got the chance to understand the ethos of a few other continents, I can proudly say that our country holds a different space in this world, a culture that is known for its strong family system and core values. Feeling proud about our mother land is no unique. But being an Indian, I have gained so much at my professional front.


Yes, I am a working mother of a 3-year-old boy. I have close to 9 years of experience in software industry and I am looking forward to work for more and more years. Being a mother and being a professional person bring two different kinds of challenges in life. And when you work for a demanding clien…

#MothersDay - A blog by Divya, ANAYA's Mother

A mother becomes a mother the day she gets to know about the little embryo inside her womb.
It all started one fine day when I did my pregnancy test and it resulted positive. Life changed from the very moment. I was excited but a bit nervous too. I and my husband were working in two different cities that time. So the excited supermom in me felt extra responsible to take care of the baby. I started spending my days managing home, office, long travel, shopping, exercise, reading and any and every thing which could be added to the list. My baby kept me motivated and never let me feel alone. At times when I felt low she kicked me as if she was saying ‘Don’t worry mom. You rock! :) However, by end of sixth month I felt exhausted and I decided to move to my mother’s place for delivery and give some time to my husband to settle down with his work life.



After seven hectic years of work life I was enjoying a peaceful time. Days were spent in all sorts of preparations to welcome the child. But…