Skip to main content

I stand up for the National Anthem. And I also stand by SC's order.

After reading so many blogs and post which are condemning supreme court‘s order that the national anthem must be played inside all movie theaters, across the country, I want to convey my thoughts in support of this order. On this Wednesday, November 30, SC of India passed the verdict on a petition filed by Bhopal’s Shyam Narayan Chouski, who is an ex-army person, alleged the misuse of the anthem in TV shows and movies. The court also stated that everyone should respect our national anthem and its commercialization and dramatization on objectionable stuff should be stopped. "When the national anthem is played it is imperative for everyone to show honor and respect. It would instill a sense of committed patriotism and nationalism," said the judges.
I believe respecting the national anthem or our flag is respecting the idea of being an Indian. When I was in school, I was taught that standing for the national anthem is giving honor to our freedom fighters who sacrificed their lives for giving us this freedom. So until I was not THAT mature to identify flaws in this standing and respecting rule, I religiously followed this. Not only I but all my classmates used to follow this. Our anthem is not only a song, but inherent in these words is the idea that India was, is and, will remain a great nation.
Now coming to what SC has ordered, I really see no point in playing the national anthem at a theater before a Bollywood pot-boiler is about to be screened. It should be prohibited to play the national anthem in places (like theaters) where standing up could cause disorder and confusion. But if somehow our judiciary thinks that it should be done then it should be done. And we should not have any problem with it. Of course, we are going to sit for next couple of hours to watch a movie then why there is an issue in standing up for 52 seconds in the beginning?
It is widely seen that in our country, people need enforcement of laws. Until they fear of punishment, they keep on doing unethical and inappropriate things. To spit in public is prohibited but people do. To urinate is also a NO NO, still, people do. Cleanliness in an obvious requisite but our PM has to run a whole new campaign for making people aware of its importance. And no wonder there exists people who think they are not supposed to respect the national anthem. OR, it is unnecessary. They take it as a joke that our country is giving us so much and it is our duty to respect it. I know that nationalism doesn’t only mean standing up for the national anthem. But we should have no dispute in giving mere 52 seconds of our lives for showing our nationalism. Hence I don’t consider it as a Nazi order when Supreme Court is forcing people to stand up for the national anthem. However, I don’t want the implementation of this rule at the cost of humiliating a person for his/her physical disability. I wish to get an exemption for folks, who are not doing good health wise, parent who is carrying a baby in lap and elderly people. A law is a law but it is never a digital instruction which can only be either 0 or 1. Robots work on binary instructions (zero or one), we humans are so diverse and critical in terms of applying rules and instruction. So being with this order, I am also in favor of giving relief from this rule to a subset of people, for sure. But again I am against of misusing this exemption window.                                                               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

पत्नियों के लिए भी एक व्रत का प्रस्ताव..

अरे याद है ना.. हर साल की तरह वो प्यार का त्यौहार फिर से आ गया.. अच्छा तो आप कंफ्यूज हो गई कि ये वैलेंटाइन डे तो कब का जा चुका अब किस प्यार के त्यौहार कि बात करने लगी मैं.. बताती हूँ बताती हूँ.. अपनी हिन्दू सभ्यता में भी एक प्यार का त्यौहार होता है "करवा चौथ.."अहा, क्या उत्सव है प्रेम का. पहले प्रेम मिश्रित सेवा फिर सेवा के बदले प्रेम मिश्रित उपहार. वाह..

बाजार पट गए है डिज़ाइनर चमकदार छलनी से लेकर गोटे लगी थालियों से और होने भी चाहिए. आखिर इस कदर महान संस्कृति जिसमें पति को देवता मान कर, उनके लिए दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर पत्नियां व्रत करती हैं, उनकी उम्र बढ़ाने जैसा ईश्वरीय कार्य करती हैं, उस दैवीय व्रत का इतना उत्सव तो होना ही चाहिए. और याद रहे चरणस्पर्श करना एकदम जरूरी है व्रत के नियमो के हिसाब से नहीं तो पति की उम्र से छेड़ छाड़ हो सकती है. समझ नहीं आता इतना ज्ञान आया कहा से हमारे पूर्वजो में जिससे ये पता चला कि अगर पत्नी दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर चाँद की पूजा करे तो पति की उम्र साल दर साल बढ़ती जाती है? वैसे धन्य है भारतीय महिलाये. पति चाहे शराबी, जुवारी कबाबी कैसा भी हो, पतियों…

#MoreIndianThanYouThink Being an Indian Mother is Success for me

This world is a beautiful place. It’s really amazing how different countries with their unique cultures exist in harmony here. I know, there are some exceptions; however, I think that is almost negligible when I see the culmination of values and beliefs in our universe. Everyone is exclusive and different, yet all of us make this planet livable. As a mature person who got the chance to understand the ethos of a few other continents, I can proudly say that our country holds a different space in this world, a culture that is known for its strong family system and core values. Feeling proud about our mother land is no unique. But being an Indian, I have gained so much at my professional front.


Yes, I am a working mother of a 3-year-old boy. I have close to 9 years of experience in software industry and I am looking forward to work for more and more years. Being a mother and being a professional person bring two different kinds of challenges in life. And when you work for a demanding clien…

#MothersDay - A blog by Divya, ANAYA's Mother

A mother becomes a mother the day she gets to know about the little embryo inside her womb.
It all started one fine day when I did my pregnancy test and it resulted positive. Life changed from the very moment. I was excited but a bit nervous too. I and my husband were working in two different cities that time. So the excited supermom in me felt extra responsible to take care of the baby. I started spending my days managing home, office, long travel, shopping, exercise, reading and any and every thing which could be added to the list. My baby kept me motivated and never let me feel alone. At times when I felt low she kicked me as if she was saying ‘Don’t worry mom. You rock! :) However, by end of sixth month I felt exhausted and I decided to move to my mother’s place for delivery and give some time to my husband to settle down with his work life.



After seven hectic years of work life I was enjoying a peaceful time. Days were spent in all sorts of preparations to welcome the child. But…