Skip to main content

It’s international Men’s day tomorrow

It’s international Men’s day tomorrow. We hear a lot of buzz about celebrating women’s day every year but why not people aware of any such day or they look interested in celebrating Men’s day? Last year also, I blogged about this day but that was very specific to thanking my husband for being the second best man in my life. The first one is, of course, my father. This year, I want to express my thoughts on how the tussle of gender and rights equality is changing the picture of MEN in our society.

On women’s day everything from shops for markets, from offices to online stores, goes pink.  They give discounts and even insurance schemes pop up for the welfare of women. This year in my office, every female employee got a pink rose with a women’s day card. There was even a small party only for women employees. That was really so much! Men might have different interests and pink roses are not their kinds. But where is their recognition? Today I shared with one of my friends that it’s Men’s day tomorrow and her next reaction was “Every day is Men’s Day in India.”  Although I agree on some point that circumstances are bit more difficult for women in our country. But this doesn’t mean the average man don’t face any struggle as the average women fronts every day.

I feel, with chasing equality, we,women, have started hating manhood. And in the back of our minds, we have shifted the blame on men for not getting equal rights (when needed) in society. Women these days try to prove themselves equally able and empowered everywhere as men are. However, we are so insecure that we can’t allow sick or injured MAN inside metro’s ladies coach. Women passengers can  even throw a man out of a moving train for boarding a women’s special train. Was that a fight for gender equality?

The stereotyping of men today has reached to a questionable level, which sometimes looks scary to me. I agree, some of them are still stereotyped. But I find most men having a caring, protecting, helping and respecting nature these days. I know it’s a big point of debate whether men are responsible for the condition of women in our country or not. But with standing for getting my rights as a woman, I also want to stand in support of men’s rights.  We talk so much about the abuses a female child goes through. But very less we discuss the abuses that a male child faces. We assume only a woman is not allowed to get higher education or pursue a career. This happens to men as well. This is cruel that the society throws at men for many reasons which may or may not apply always. On the other side, a common man slaves at work and fights an inner battle to cope up with the targets the society sets for men. And even in relationships, they are getting cheated often these days. As per researches, a married male is killing himself every 9 minutes. I see every reason to worry and get more vocal about the flaws in dowry and domestic violence laws which now getting heavily used against men by wives. These false cases have a sharp rise in last few years. But don’t you think a life is a life, be it a man or a woman?

Since ages, we have been debating over our men oriented society. But this doesn’t mean we should not applaud for our fathers, husbands, brothers or other roles that men are playing around us.  See, it is not about celebrating masculinity. It is celebrating the other half in our lives. Men have an equal part and importance in making this world. There is no need to be overly insecure. Not every man is a marauder around there. A rapist or a chauvinist cannot define who a man is. So let’s celebrate this Men’s day for those men who are good, the men who wish to walk hand in hand, and not go ahead or follow. Let’s come forward and show some love and respect for men. Life would be indeed unreasonable without them.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

पत्नियों के लिए भी एक व्रत का प्रस्ताव..

अरे याद है ना.. हर साल की तरह वो प्यार का त्यौहार फिर से आ गया.. अच्छा तो आप कंफ्यूज हो गई कि ये वैलेंटाइन डे तो कब का जा चुका अब किस प्यार के त्यौहार कि बात करने लगी मैं.. बताती हूँ बताती हूँ.. अपनी हिन्दू सभ्यता में भी एक प्यार का त्यौहार होता है "करवा चौथ.."अहा, क्या उत्सव है प्रेम का. पहले प्रेम मिश्रित सेवा फिर सेवा के बदले प्रेम मिश्रित उपहार. वाह..

बाजार पट गए है डिज़ाइनर चमकदार छलनी से लेकर गोटे लगी थालियों से और होने भी चाहिए. आखिर इस कदर महान संस्कृति जिसमें पति को देवता मान कर, उनके लिए दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर पत्नियां व्रत करती हैं, उनकी उम्र बढ़ाने जैसा ईश्वरीय कार्य करती हैं, उस दैवीय व्रत का इतना उत्सव तो होना ही चाहिए. और याद रहे चरणस्पर्श करना एकदम जरूरी है व्रत के नियमो के हिसाब से नहीं तो पति की उम्र से छेड़ छाड़ हो सकती है. समझ नहीं आता इतना ज्ञान आया कहा से हमारे पूर्वजो में जिससे ये पता चला कि अगर पत्नी दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर चाँद की पूजा करे तो पति की उम्र साल दर साल बढ़ती जाती है? वैसे धन्य है भारतीय महिलाये. पति चाहे शराबी, जुवारी कबाबी कैसा भी हो, पतियों…

#MoreIndianThanYouThink Being an Indian Mother is Success for me

This world is a beautiful place. It’s really amazing how different countries with their unique cultures exist in harmony here. I know, there are some exceptions; however, I think that is almost negligible when I see the culmination of values and beliefs in our universe. Everyone is exclusive and different, yet all of us make this planet livable. As a mature person who got the chance to understand the ethos of a few other continents, I can proudly say that our country holds a different space in this world, a culture that is known for its strong family system and core values. Feeling proud about our mother land is no unique. But being an Indian, I have gained so much at my professional front.


Yes, I am a working mother of a 3-year-old boy. I have close to 9 years of experience in software industry and I am looking forward to work for more and more years. Being a mother and being a professional person bring two different kinds of challenges in life. And when you work for a demanding clien…

#MothersDay - A blog by Divya, ANAYA's Mother

A mother becomes a mother the day she gets to know about the little embryo inside her womb.
It all started one fine day when I did my pregnancy test and it resulted positive. Life changed from the very moment. I was excited but a bit nervous too. I and my husband were working in two different cities that time. So the excited supermom in me felt extra responsible to take care of the baby. I started spending my days managing home, office, long travel, shopping, exercise, reading and any and every thing which could be added to the list. My baby kept me motivated and never let me feel alone. At times when I felt low she kicked me as if she was saying ‘Don’t worry mom. You rock! :) However, by end of sixth month I felt exhausted and I decided to move to my mother’s place for delivery and give some time to my husband to settle down with his work life.



After seven hectic years of work life I was enjoying a peaceful time. Days were spent in all sorts of preparations to welcome the child. But…