Skip to main content

From I can't to I can..

I now rarely say "I can't" to anything. Whether it's about a new type of work at the office or new responsibilities at home. "Can’t" is actually a horrible word as I feel. This word, with one little syllable, puts limits on us, only because we said it, or thought it. I believe there is nothing we actually can’t do, although I am not going beyond science and nature's boundaries. Saying can't at the first front, stops us in going those extra miles which may be easier in terms of challenges and difficulty. However, it's women tendency to say "I can't" to every unknown step (this may not apply to all women). Because of fear of unknown results, we mostly back off in accepting new challenges. I am trying to change this thing in me and it started from the time when I was pregnant.
I was always a little introvert and shy child. Although I was good in studies but in terms of accepting new testing, I was dependent upon my parents. Whether it was taking part in any extracurricular activity or selecting my stream of studies, my parents guided me and I followed them almost without thinking much. I needed them to take decision for me because I trust them. Also because I had fear of failures. Many times during my past life I said “I can’t” to things which I could have tried but lack of confidence never let me come out of this vision. Somehow I managed my life with this ethic until I got married. Then some part of myself changed as my husband pushed me to stand for my own decisions. But again several times I said "I can't" to certain things. When I got to know that I was pregnant, the fear of giving birth started haunting me. However, I observed a change in my integrity and my thought process suddenly changed.
Whenever I felt a hint of fear about delivering the baby, next second only I said to myself "I am not special. If every woman in history can do this, so can I." At any time when I heard about this painful procedure, I repeated in my mind "It will not be easy, but will be worth it." At every such moment when I felt tedious discomfort, instead of getting panicked, I said to myself "Only way out of this is through it." I put all my fear aside and prepared myself for the birth of my son.
I admitted to the hospital at 11 PM night and my son came into this world next day around 6 PM. It was a long time but my determination helped me sail through this. I went through the biggest enduring moment of my life but as doctors confirmed not a single yap of mine went outside of the labor room. Even when I heard doctor asking me to push the baby out, I was saying to myself, " I can do this. I have to do it for my baby, whom I have incubated in my own body for nine long months, who I have wanted and prayed for." And so I did. I gave birth to a beautiful baby, despite nearly paralyzing, and otherworldly pain. “I can’t” just was not an option; not when it came to bringing my son into the world. “Can” word opens the door of opportunities and success in life. And I have come to believe this with my own 31 years old journey. Now I accept every new buzz without fear of its unknown parts. I now believe “I can” handle anything that comes into my life. That is why I want to inspire and raise my son in a way that he always would say “I can” to every challenge that comes in his way. 
"If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning." : Mahatma Gandhi  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

पत्नियों के लिए भी एक व्रत का प्रस्ताव..

अरे याद है ना.. हर साल की तरह वो प्यार का त्यौहार फिर से आ गया.. अच्छा तो आप कंफ्यूज हो गई कि ये वैलेंटाइन डे तो कब का जा चुका अब किस प्यार के त्यौहार कि बात करने लगी मैं.. बताती हूँ बताती हूँ.. अपनी हिन्दू सभ्यता में भी एक प्यार का त्यौहार होता है "करवा चौथ.."अहा, क्या उत्सव है प्रेम का. पहले प्रेम मिश्रित सेवा फिर सेवा के बदले प्रेम मिश्रित उपहार. वाह..

बाजार पट गए है डिज़ाइनर चमकदार छलनी से लेकर गोटे लगी थालियों से और होने भी चाहिए. आखिर इस कदर महान संस्कृति जिसमें पति को देवता मान कर, उनके लिए दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर पत्नियां व्रत करती हैं, उनकी उम्र बढ़ाने जैसा ईश्वरीय कार्य करती हैं, उस दैवीय व्रत का इतना उत्सव तो होना ही चाहिए. और याद रहे चरणस्पर्श करना एकदम जरूरी है व्रत के नियमो के हिसाब से नहीं तो पति की उम्र से छेड़ छाड़ हो सकती है. समझ नहीं आता इतना ज्ञान आया कहा से हमारे पूर्वजो में जिससे ये पता चला कि अगर पत्नी दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर चाँद की पूजा करे तो पति की उम्र साल दर साल बढ़ती जाती है? वैसे धन्य है भारतीय महिलाये. पति चाहे शराबी, जुवारी कबाबी कैसा भी हो, पतियों…

#MoreIndianThanYouThink Being an Indian Mother is Success for me

This world is a beautiful place. It’s really amazing how different countries with their unique cultures exist in harmony here. I know, there are some exceptions; however, I think that is almost negligible when I see the culmination of values and beliefs in our universe. Everyone is exclusive and different, yet all of us make this planet livable. As a mature person who got the chance to understand the ethos of a few other continents, I can proudly say that our country holds a different space in this world, a culture that is known for its strong family system and core values. Feeling proud about our mother land is no unique. But being an Indian, I have gained so much at my professional front.


Yes, I am a working mother of a 3-year-old boy. I have close to 9 years of experience in software industry and I am looking forward to work for more and more years. Being a mother and being a professional person bring two different kinds of challenges in life. And when you work for a demanding clien…

#MothersDay - A blog by Divya, ANAYA's Mother

A mother becomes a mother the day she gets to know about the little embryo inside her womb.
It all started one fine day when I did my pregnancy test and it resulted positive. Life changed from the very moment. I was excited but a bit nervous too. I and my husband were working in two different cities that time. So the excited supermom in me felt extra responsible to take care of the baby. I started spending my days managing home, office, long travel, shopping, exercise, reading and any and every thing which could be added to the list. My baby kept me motivated and never let me feel alone. At times when I felt low she kicked me as if she was saying ‘Don’t worry mom. You rock! :) However, by end of sixth month I felt exhausted and I decided to move to my mother’s place for delivery and give some time to my husband to settle down with his work life.



After seven hectic years of work life I was enjoying a peaceful time. Days were spent in all sorts of preparations to welcome the child. But…