Skip to main content

9.5 Reasons why I am a better person now

If anyone asks me to describe my pregnancy in one word, I would say it was "amazing". Amazing because it has changed the deepest end of my soul. Some days that amazement was more about how I could be so emotional and unwell, and still expected to go office and work at home, but overall it was by a little human being who was growing inside me. I was astonished to see my body's ability to handle so many things even being pregnant. I was also amazed at the changes in me. Beyond the obvious, physical things that no one can ignore, I changed for better as a person after my pregnancy. I’m not saying that I was a jerk until I got pregnant but I had spent 28 years of my life  mostly taking care of myself and worrying about my career.
Here are some of the points which can prove how I am a better person after becoming a Mother:
Point 1: I now appreciate my mother so much. After becoming a mother, I realized the challenges that a mother faces in handing baby, first when it is inside and then when the baby comes outside. I finally understood the depths of what my parents have gone through all these years. I even have a greater appreciation for all my loved ones now.
Point 2 : I now can handle people vomiting next to me. Honestly, I am more humble for sick people now. I puked so much during my pregnancy and I found people helping me in those difficult public situations. This has really changed my heart. I am more generous and noble with people now.
Point 3 : Love is of three types : Love, worship, and Relinquishment. I now have a true understanding of unconditional love which is type 3 on this list. To surrender is the most difficult nature, isn't it? This love is the purest as we don't expect anything in return. And the most wonderful thing is, only a Mother has this love for her Babies. It is really a gift to be able to feel this way for another human.
Point 4 : I’m more sensitive towards the needs of others. Sometimes I am too sensitive (I admit) and thanks to those hormones that have changed my body and my nature. These feelings, since I got pregnant, have made me a more considerate wife, daughter, sister, and friend.
Point 5 : After becoming a mother, you need to master one important thing. LET GO. After getting pregnant, I have learned to let go of the little things. I was never a control freak but now my priorities have changed and shifted more towards my family. Is my family safe and healthy? All Is Well. Everything else is just gravy.
Point 6 :  I have slowed down and this is for good reasons. Immediate action for everything makes every mother stressed and tired. So if the house is dirty, clean it in a slow pace. If guests are coming, slow down, shorten the menu and work easily. I don't seek perfection. Rather I focus on fixing things. It’s such a relaxing and much less stressful way of living life.
Point 7 : I am now careful for wasting food. I have even started making good food choices so that I can stay healthy and wastage is minimum. As I am more empathetic towards people, wasting food makes me think about those street people who are facing challenges of getting food to eat. I am grateful to my life that I have enough food for my family but I don't want them to throw this essential thing.
Point 8 : Somehow I see every child lovable now.Whether it's about my son or any other baby. I feel love for babies in my friend circle and neighborhood. I even feel pain for babies who beg on the street. If possible, I try to give them something ( I refrain from giving money) which I can bring smiles on their faces. So I always keep extra biscuits or fruits in my bag so that I can give it to such kids.
Point 9 : I have started taking my body seriously. I care for each discomfort and strange bodily condition, and take action for it. I want to stay fit and healthy so that I can enjoy each moment of my life with my son. So I am more aware and informed now.
Point 9 1/2 : My house is cleaner now.Okay, this one is just for fun so it only counts as half on the list. I now try to keep my house clean and sanitized because of health reasons. But sometimes we can't avoid the mess and it happens in my house also! But again I try to keep it tidy with best of my slow and mindful efforts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

पत्नियों के लिए भी एक व्रत का प्रस्ताव..

अरे याद है ना.. हर साल की तरह वो प्यार का त्यौहार फिर से आ गया.. अच्छा तो आप कंफ्यूज हो गई कि ये वैलेंटाइन डे तो कब का जा चुका अब किस प्यार के त्यौहार कि बात करने लगी मैं.. बताती हूँ बताती हूँ.. अपनी हिन्दू सभ्यता में भी एक प्यार का त्यौहार होता है "करवा चौथ.."अहा, क्या उत्सव है प्रेम का. पहले प्रेम मिश्रित सेवा फिर सेवा के बदले प्रेम मिश्रित उपहार. वाह..

बाजार पट गए है डिज़ाइनर चमकदार छलनी से लेकर गोटे लगी थालियों से और होने भी चाहिए. आखिर इस कदर महान संस्कृति जिसमें पति को देवता मान कर, उनके लिए दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर पत्नियां व्रत करती हैं, उनकी उम्र बढ़ाने जैसा ईश्वरीय कार्य करती हैं, उस दैवीय व्रत का इतना उत्सव तो होना ही चाहिए. और याद रहे चरणस्पर्श करना एकदम जरूरी है व्रत के नियमो के हिसाब से नहीं तो पति की उम्र से छेड़ छाड़ हो सकती है. समझ नहीं आता इतना ज्ञान आया कहा से हमारे पूर्वजो में जिससे ये पता चला कि अगर पत्नी दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर चाँद की पूजा करे तो पति की उम्र साल दर साल बढ़ती जाती है? वैसे धन्य है भारतीय महिलाये. पति चाहे शराबी, जुवारी कबाबी कैसा भी हो, पतियों…

#MoreIndianThanYouThink Being an Indian Mother is Success for me

This world is a beautiful place. It’s really amazing how different countries with their unique cultures exist in harmony here. I know, there are some exceptions; however, I think that is almost negligible when I see the culmination of values and beliefs in our universe. Everyone is exclusive and different, yet all of us make this planet livable. As a mature person who got the chance to understand the ethos of a few other continents, I can proudly say that our country holds a different space in this world, a culture that is known for its strong family system and core values. Feeling proud about our mother land is no unique. But being an Indian, I have gained so much at my professional front.


Yes, I am a working mother of a 3-year-old boy. I have close to 9 years of experience in software industry and I am looking forward to work for more and more years. Being a mother and being a professional person bring two different kinds of challenges in life. And when you work for a demanding clien…

#MothersDay - A blog by Divya, ANAYA's Mother

A mother becomes a mother the day she gets to know about the little embryo inside her womb.
It all started one fine day when I did my pregnancy test and it resulted positive. Life changed from the very moment. I was excited but a bit nervous too. I and my husband were working in two different cities that time. So the excited supermom in me felt extra responsible to take care of the baby. I started spending my days managing home, office, long travel, shopping, exercise, reading and any and every thing which could be added to the list. My baby kept me motivated and never let me feel alone. At times when I felt low she kicked me as if she was saying ‘Don’t worry mom. You rock! :) However, by end of sixth month I felt exhausted and I decided to move to my mother’s place for delivery and give some time to my husband to settle down with his work life.



After seven hectic years of work life I was enjoying a peaceful time. Days were spent in all sorts of preparations to welcome the child. But…