Friday, 21 October 2016

To my wife..a confession letter

Dear wife 
I have been thinking about it since long. Today I'm writing it to you that I have few confessions to make. 
I have to confess that..
I'm giving you less attention. Our lives have completely changed since we had our baby and that is because we decided to have a family. We may be spending less time together now but I feel this is okay for now because I know that one day we will be dining at good restaurants, holding hands and reminiscing about the moments that we spent with our kids.  Then my focus will be YOU only. I want you to understand why our time has taken a backseat because we are building something so special, that it is worth the wait.
I do have a confession...
I'm not the person I used to be earlier. I have also changed and it is not at all your fault. I'm working more than I used to because I want to give our kids the best I can. I admit I am spending more time on my laptop than with you but that doesn't mean I am escaping the world of parenting, it is because I am busy planning ahead for the future of our family. I want to give you a comfortable time when we would be old and I would not be able to make money.
I have a confession…
Our life is not a "couple life" anymore. Do you remember the time when I used to put on a movie that you insisted we should watch, and then you would fall asleep in my arms halfway through it? Those were simpler and romantic moments of our lives but we haven't watched a single movie since last 14 months. Our relationship has changed but not for the worse. It is simply the natural evolution of our lives from carefree to responsible, from a couple to parents.
I do have a confession...
I have started admiring you a-lot. I used to admire you as a responsible wife but now I adore you as a person. The day you birthed our baby was the day when I saw you become a woman and a strong one at that. The one who smiles even when she has only had 2 hours of sleep in night. The woman who makes my breakfast when she can barely keep her eyes open. The one who irons my clothes even when she has to deal with a toddler tantrum. The woman with whom I'm falling in love with all over again because seeing you being a mother is a different kind of love.
I have one more thing to say..
I should apologize to you because I think that motherhood takes a lot more out of a woman's body and emotions when compared to that of fatherhood. But I want you to know that you are perfect the way you are. With all stretch marks and your C-Section scar, sore eyes, and frizzy hair, I wouldn't worry so much about how our relationship used to be.  I know that my beautiful soul mate is still there and she is not going anywhere. Our priorities may have temporarily changed, but the aim of our love and happiness remains same. I feel so happy to see you enjoying and laughing with our kids and it's all I want in my life now. 
Your husband..

No comments:

Post a Comment