Skip to main content

I am not the woman who..

I am not the wife who..
I am not the wife who has her biological clock set to get up early before any one gets up, I rely for my phone's alarm..
I am not the wife who cooks from scratch everyday for family, I have a cook at home for helping me in that..
I am not the wife who is good in decorating home, I can live with some mess..
I am not the wife who looks attractive all the time, I am lazy in managing myself...
I am not the wife who has sharp memory to remember buying all grocery items same time, I request my husband to get something everyday..
I am not the wife who loves watching TV, I prefer listening old songs on radio..
I am not the wife who does lovely talks everyday with husband, I am a silent thinker..
And I am not the wife who thinks from heart, I am in habit of finding logic in everything...
BUT I am a devoted wife who gives value to relationships and people of her life. I am the wife who loves to cook what my husband likes on weekends. I am also the wife who watches same movie repeatedly because my husband likes to watch that. I am the wife who wants to help my husband in whatever way I can even if we argue frequently. I am a person who believes in concept of marriage and wants to be a strong life partner of my husband rather than only a married woman. 
I am not the mother who..
I am not the mother who suggests other mothers 'only breast feed' for their babies.. my baby is formula fed..
I am not the mother who stayed longer with her newborn, I resumed office when he was 2 and half month old..
I am not the mother who has given only home-made baby food to her baby, I tried many ready-made ones..
I am not the mother who makes sure her baby's outfits are flawless, I face people complaining for baby's old cloths..
I am not the mother who manages detailed Todos for parenting tasks, I get late in going for immunizations and in ordering diapers..
I am not the mother who keeps house spotless, I let my son scatter toys and eatables..
I am not the mother who spends most of day with her baby, I go for work and at times take help from neighbors in keeping my baby entertained..
I am not the mother whom people admire, I hear people calling me selfish and money minded..
BUT I am a doting mother who tries to priorities family and work every other minute. I am also the mother who scrolls to TV channels where ads are playing because my baby enjoys watching advertisements. I am the mother who loves to notice my son playing even if he is messing up with food. I am the mother whose heart is full of love for her kid and who loves her kid unconditionally even if he does things that drive me crazy. 
I may not have all of it (or even a little of it) together in my life..
But one thing I can say is that I will always be there with my husband and my son..
Not because I felt obligated to be or I thought it is the right thing to do..
But because there is no place in the world I would rather be..


I may not be perfect but I am confident about my true feelings for my family..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

पत्नियों के लिए भी एक व्रत का प्रस्ताव..

अरे याद है ना.. हर साल की तरह वो प्यार का त्यौहार फिर से आ गया.. अच्छा तो आप कंफ्यूज हो गई कि ये वैलेंटाइन डे तो कब का जा चुका अब किस प्यार के त्यौहार कि बात करने लगी मैं.. बताती हूँ बताती हूँ.. अपनी हिन्दू सभ्यता में भी एक प्यार का त्यौहार होता है "करवा चौथ.."अहा, क्या उत्सव है प्रेम का. पहले प्रेम मिश्रित सेवा फिर सेवा के बदले प्रेम मिश्रित उपहार. वाह..

बाजार पट गए है डिज़ाइनर चमकदार छलनी से लेकर गोटे लगी थालियों से और होने भी चाहिए. आखिर इस कदर महान संस्कृति जिसमें पति को देवता मान कर, उनके लिए दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर पत्नियां व्रत करती हैं, उनकी उम्र बढ़ाने जैसा ईश्वरीय कार्य करती हैं, उस दैवीय व्रत का इतना उत्सव तो होना ही चाहिए. और याद रहे चरणस्पर्श करना एकदम जरूरी है व्रत के नियमो के हिसाब से नहीं तो पति की उम्र से छेड़ छाड़ हो सकती है. समझ नहीं आता इतना ज्ञान आया कहा से हमारे पूर्वजो में जिससे ये पता चला कि अगर पत्नी दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर चाँद की पूजा करे तो पति की उम्र साल दर साल बढ़ती जाती है? वैसे धन्य है भारतीय महिलाये. पति चाहे शराबी, जुवारी कबाबी कैसा भी हो, पतियों…

#MoreIndianThanYouThink Being an Indian Mother is Success for me

This world is a beautiful place. It’s really amazing how different countries with their unique cultures exist in harmony here. I know, there are some exceptions; however, I think that is almost negligible when I see the culmination of values and beliefs in our universe. Everyone is exclusive and different, yet all of us make this planet livable. As a mature person who got the chance to understand the ethos of a few other continents, I can proudly say that our country holds a different space in this world, a culture that is known for its strong family system and core values. Feeling proud about our mother land is no unique. But being an Indian, I have gained so much at my professional front.


Yes, I am a working mother of a 3-year-old boy. I have close to 9 years of experience in software industry and I am looking forward to work for more and more years. Being a mother and being a professional person bring two different kinds of challenges in life. And when you work for a demanding clien…

#MothersDay - A blog by Divya, ANAYA's Mother

A mother becomes a mother the day she gets to know about the little embryo inside her womb.
It all started one fine day when I did my pregnancy test and it resulted positive. Life changed from the very moment. I was excited but a bit nervous too. I and my husband were working in two different cities that time. So the excited supermom in me felt extra responsible to take care of the baby. I started spending my days managing home, office, long travel, shopping, exercise, reading and any and every thing which could be added to the list. My baby kept me motivated and never let me feel alone. At times when I felt low she kicked me as if she was saying ‘Don’t worry mom. You rock! :) However, by end of sixth month I felt exhausted and I decided to move to my mother’s place for delivery and give some time to my husband to settle down with his work life.



After seven hectic years of work life I was enjoying a peaceful time. Days were spent in all sorts of preparations to welcome the child. But…