Monday, 5 September 2016

Weekends are precious for me

You might be thinking what's new in this title "Weekends are precious for me". Weekends are always good because office going people get offs and few schools also follow the 5 day week rule for classes. So it's time to relax and take plenty of rest. Being an employee of a multinational company, my weekends are normally not working. But why these two days (Saturday and Sunday) are precious for me have few lovely reasons behind it:
My weekends are precious because for these two days I don't leave my son sleeping and head to office. Until I go out of the main door, I only wish my little one to keep on sleeping during five weekdays. If he wakes up, he cries for me and my heart bleeds in leaving him crying.
My weekends are valuable because for these two days I can see my son's heart winning smile when he wakes up in the morning. That smile is even precious than the biggest diamond in this world. I say good morning and he smiles, I kiss him and he laughs, I cuddle him and he hugs me. I see him saying "Jai" to Kanha ji and his grand-mother. My heart fills with pride when I find him understanding that "Jai" is the first thing he should do after getting up. All this happens only on weekends.
My weekends are precious because for these two days I myself give a massage to my son. I make stories to hold him steady. I do lots of tickling to make him enjoy his massage. I give him a bath and I relish seeing him doing "Chap-chap" in his bath tub. For these two days I dress him in my favorite clothes. I want to make my champ look the cutest baby of the world. So I select matching pajamas and socks so that my little one could look adorable.
My weekends are best because for these two days I get a chance to gaze at my tiny tot's glittering eyes when he notices his toys evenly arranged and he runs to scatter them. I think he likes scattering them more than playing them. I observe how he’s playing with the brown car he has. I see him trying to break his toy horse. I do a sneaky peek over him playing with empty baby oil bottles and with his glittering balls. I miss him when I'm in office and for these two days I love to see him playing without caring about others.
My weekends are special because I make him sleep during day time with singing his favorite songs. Lullabies he doesn't like now and to my surprise he likes listening to Salman khan songs. So I sing "Selfie Le Le Re.." and " Prem ratan dhan payo..". When he sleeps I feel my heart pouring buckets of love over him. I make sure no noise can disturb him while sleeping and at times I curse sabzi walas for shouting so loud. 
My weekends are extraordinary because I get time to talk to my loving husband. We both get offs so we get time to crack jokes, discuss our offices and talk about our son. I make him help me in weekly cleaning and when he takes charge of the whole cleaning thing I feel so happy to see his caring gesture. For these two days I serve him lunch in the way he likes to have. I try to complete his plate with everything he likes. I try to cook myself so that he can have an extra chapati (he doesn't like the food prepared by the cook aunty). I feel so satisfied when I cook his favorite dishes and he admires me. 
And my weekends are special because I get time for myself. I sleep till a little late, I take a longer time while having a bath and I spend some time alone waking up early on Sunday.I read articles which I have bookmarked in weekdays, I do some online shopping and I pamper myself the way I want.
Being a working mother, I'm unable to give my complete attention to whole family every day but God bless this concept of weekends off I get a chance to cover what I couldn't do in those five days. I never feel alone in sailing with these two family modes; weekdays and weekends till now. And whenever I stumble and look around, I always find my husband giving me his hand so that I can lead my life’s journey well.

No comments:

Post a Comment