Skip to main content

I'm first a MOTHER

My US clients visited India last month. And for getting along with the whole India team they agreed to go for a team 'Dinner'. I have emphasized the word dinner because it was the best choice for everyone in team except me. I informed my manager that I wouldn't be able to join honorable clients for dinner. With surprise, he started questing me why, how, really? I explained him that I'm a mother of 16 months old baby and I don’t want my son to wait for me until it's something unavoidable. So I skipped that dinner party and I reached home timely for my son. Next day when I faced my clients for a meeting, one of them, Ashish, asked me why I was not there in dinner party. I told him that I am first a mother, then wife and then a software person. So my greatest priority now is my son and I don't want to miss any chance of being with my son after office time. Ashish smiled and said "that's awesome". Perhaps he understood what I wanted to convey.

As what famous singer Adele said few days back that motherhood has give her the purpose of life. I also think that after becoming mother I got a new aim for lifetime "To be the best mother for my son". Having my son was such a life altering experience. In-spite of ups and downs, highs and lows I love being a mother. And I'm trying my best to be good in it. This doesn’t mean I don't make my share of mistakes. But I learn from them and move ahead. Best part of motherhood, I feel is, hugs, kisses, giggles and grins which become part of a mother’s life. Motherhood is about making joy even while experiencing the hardest trials of life. With rarely any dull time, I find more happiness in mothering my son than enjoying with my office mates. I must say being a working person, my life is hectic with schedules, office deadlines, diapers, baby food and managing home. But there are many other things which make me feel proud in being a mother. I love that at the age of 30 I can do world's silliest act just for making my son happy. I can jump and dance, act like a cat/dog/monkey, observe ants and birds and behave like a toddler. I feel young and old at the same time. Motherhood has given me a chance to revisit this world through my son's eyes as his life is full of new things, new words, new sounds and new understanding.

Many working ladies also say that their role as a mother has kept them from career growth. Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg has written about it through her book "Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead." She explained in the book that women sometimes have to make choices between a successful career and motherhood, when in reality both are attainable if women face the challenges ahead. So right now, when my tot needs me most, it's only a job for me rather than an ambitious career. And it’s awesome that I got refresh button clicked for my life. My team mates often get confuse in taking my name ‘Shipra’ because of another team mate ‘Shikha’. Although I think both the names are quite different but yes they get confuse in calling shipra or shikha. That's why I have told my team mates "Call me Mumma if you forget my name :)" I can get it crystal clear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

पत्नियों के लिए भी एक व्रत का प्रस्ताव..

अरे याद है ना.. हर साल की तरह वो प्यार का त्यौहार फिर से आ गया.. अच्छा तो आप कंफ्यूज हो गई कि ये वैलेंटाइन डे तो कब का जा चुका अब किस प्यार के त्यौहार कि बात करने लगी मैं.. बताती हूँ बताती हूँ.. अपनी हिन्दू सभ्यता में भी एक प्यार का त्यौहार होता है "करवा चौथ.."अहा, क्या उत्सव है प्रेम का. पहले प्रेम मिश्रित सेवा फिर सेवा के बदले प्रेम मिश्रित उपहार. वाह..

बाजार पट गए है डिज़ाइनर चमकदार छलनी से लेकर गोटे लगी थालियों से और होने भी चाहिए. आखिर इस कदर महान संस्कृति जिसमें पति को देवता मान कर, उनके लिए दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर पत्नियां व्रत करती हैं, उनकी उम्र बढ़ाने जैसा ईश्वरीय कार्य करती हैं, उस दैवीय व्रत का इतना उत्सव तो होना ही चाहिए. और याद रहे चरणस्पर्श करना एकदम जरूरी है व्रत के नियमो के हिसाब से नहीं तो पति की उम्र से छेड़ छाड़ हो सकती है. समझ नहीं आता इतना ज्ञान आया कहा से हमारे पूर्वजो में जिससे ये पता चला कि अगर पत्नी दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर चाँद की पूजा करे तो पति की उम्र साल दर साल बढ़ती जाती है? वैसे धन्य है भारतीय महिलाये. पति चाहे शराबी, जुवारी कबाबी कैसा भी हो, पतियों…

#MoreIndianThanYouThink Being an Indian Mother is Success for me

This world is a beautiful place. It’s really amazing how different countries with their unique cultures exist in harmony here. I know, there are some exceptions; however, I think that is almost negligible when I see the culmination of values and beliefs in our universe. Everyone is exclusive and different, yet all of us make this planet livable. As a mature person who got the chance to understand the ethos of a few other continents, I can proudly say that our country holds a different space in this world, a culture that is known for its strong family system and core values. Feeling proud about our mother land is no unique. But being an Indian, I have gained so much at my professional front.


Yes, I am a working mother of a 3-year-old boy. I have close to 9 years of experience in software industry and I am looking forward to work for more and more years. Being a mother and being a professional person bring two different kinds of challenges in life. And when you work for a demanding clien…

#MothersDay - A blog by Divya, ANAYA's Mother

A mother becomes a mother the day she gets to know about the little embryo inside her womb.
It all started one fine day when I did my pregnancy test and it resulted positive. Life changed from the very moment. I was excited but a bit nervous too. I and my husband were working in two different cities that time. So the excited supermom in me felt extra responsible to take care of the baby. I started spending my days managing home, office, long travel, shopping, exercise, reading and any and every thing which could be added to the list. My baby kept me motivated and never let me feel alone. At times when I felt low she kicked me as if she was saying ‘Don’t worry mom. You rock! :) However, by end of sixth month I felt exhausted and I decided to move to my mother’s place for delivery and give some time to my husband to settle down with his work life.



After seven hectic years of work life I was enjoying a peaceful time. Days were spent in all sorts of preparations to welcome the child. But…