Skip to main content

What freedom means to me : By Shipra

Independence means something different to each of us. It means the right to act, speak, or think as one wants. It is also a state of self-control or self-ownership in which each and every person has legal right to speak and act freely. My definition of freedom always changed with stages of my life. During my childhood, not doing homework was my biggest freedom :). In my teenage, spending limitless time with friends was a real feel of my freedom. When I started working and started taking laws and government seriously, I always thought that our country is so great. It has given us “Right to freedom” which includes speech and expression, assembly, association or union, movement, residence, right to practice any profession or occupation and right to life. I did my studies in the way I wanted. I had freedom to say anything to my parents. I started doing job the way I liked. I traveled many places for participating in different competitions because I wanted to participate and my parents had given me this freedom. I made my own choices and experienced my freedom with plenty of rope. I was fun, I was free and I was loving it! But being a girl from a middle class family, I always believe in putting boundaries in freedom. This liberty doesn't allow me to do anything in this universe without caring things around me. Thanks to my parents and teachers who became the periphery for my freedom so that I could enjoy it fullest, without getting me in any trouble.
After I got married, another beautiful stage, my husband became the edge of my freedom. I can work, I can go for outing with friends, I can sleep till very late, I can spend money as I wish all this because I have license to do it. I can do what I want to do because I am an "Independent" woman. And he as a nice person always respects my freedom. Now I am into most special stage of my life, “Motherhood”. And honestly I think I have lost some part of my freedom. I am still working but I have to be home timely. I can still go with my friends for ‘n’ number of hours. But after spending some time, I start thinking about my son. Now my talks are mostly around Vibhu. I strongly regard that for a mother, there is no freedom. A mother feels happy in losing her freedom for her babies. Motherhood brings new, priceless gifts as well. A deeper capacity for love and self-sacrifice, increased sympathy for others, a belief in god, a fearlessness and confidence and inner peace which was never known before.

I have changed and so have changed my definitions of independence. Now independence means “pursuit of happiness” to me. If I can do what makes me and my family happy, its freedom. I can still do things which I used to do to kiss my independence but now I see how these things affect my family, specially Vibhu. I now cherish my freedom in servility of my son. I enjoy my freedom under the supervision of my husband :)

I feel proud for what I have and where I am today "Free and Happy" :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

पत्नियों के लिए भी एक व्रत का प्रस्ताव..

अरे याद है ना.. हर साल की तरह वो प्यार का त्यौहार फिर से आ गया.. अच्छा तो आप कंफ्यूज हो गई कि ये वैलेंटाइन डे तो कब का जा चुका अब किस प्यार के त्यौहार कि बात करने लगी मैं.. बताती हूँ बताती हूँ.. अपनी हिन्दू सभ्यता में भी एक प्यार का त्यौहार होता है "करवा चौथ.."अहा, क्या उत्सव है प्रेम का. पहले प्रेम मिश्रित सेवा फिर सेवा के बदले प्रेम मिश्रित उपहार. वाह..

बाजार पट गए है डिज़ाइनर चमकदार छलनी से लेकर गोटे लगी थालियों से और होने भी चाहिए. आखिर इस कदर महान संस्कृति जिसमें पति को देवता मान कर, उनके लिए दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर पत्नियां व्रत करती हैं, उनकी उम्र बढ़ाने जैसा ईश्वरीय कार्य करती हैं, उस दैवीय व्रत का इतना उत्सव तो होना ही चाहिए. और याद रहे चरणस्पर्श करना एकदम जरूरी है व्रत के नियमो के हिसाब से नहीं तो पति की उम्र से छेड़ छाड़ हो सकती है. समझ नहीं आता इतना ज्ञान आया कहा से हमारे पूर्वजो में जिससे ये पता चला कि अगर पत्नी दिन भर भूखे प्यासे रहकर चाँद की पूजा करे तो पति की उम्र साल दर साल बढ़ती जाती है? वैसे धन्य है भारतीय महिलाये. पति चाहे शराबी, जुवारी कबाबी कैसा भी हो, पतियों…

#MoreIndianThanYouThink Being an Indian Mother is Success for me

This world is a beautiful place. It’s really amazing how different countries with their unique cultures exist in harmony here. I know, there are some exceptions; however, I think that is almost negligible when I see the culmination of values and beliefs in our universe. Everyone is exclusive and different, yet all of us make this planet livable. As a mature person who got the chance to understand the ethos of a few other continents, I can proudly say that our country holds a different space in this world, a culture that is known for its strong family system and core values. Feeling proud about our mother land is no unique. But being an Indian, I have gained so much at my professional front.


Yes, I am a working mother of a 3-year-old boy. I have close to 9 years of experience in software industry and I am looking forward to work for more and more years. Being a mother and being a professional person bring two different kinds of challenges in life. And when you work for a demanding clien…

#MothersDay - A blog by Divya, ANAYA's Mother

A mother becomes a mother the day she gets to know about the little embryo inside her womb.
It all started one fine day when I did my pregnancy test and it resulted positive. Life changed from the very moment. I was excited but a bit nervous too. I and my husband were working in two different cities that time. So the excited supermom in me felt extra responsible to take care of the baby. I started spending my days managing home, office, long travel, shopping, exercise, reading and any and every thing which could be added to the list. My baby kept me motivated and never let me feel alone. At times when I felt low she kicked me as if she was saying ‘Don’t worry mom. You rock! :) However, by end of sixth month I felt exhausted and I decided to move to my mother’s place for delivery and give some time to my husband to settle down with his work life.



After seven hectic years of work life I was enjoying a peaceful time. Days were spent in all sorts of preparations to welcome the child. But…